Monday, November 26, 2012

Poop Matters


Even though I may be a brand new mommy, one thing I’m not new at is diaper changes. With almost all our friends and families having babies before us I have had my fair share of diaper changes, I’m a bit of a pro lol. So imagine my surprise when my newborn son was pooping and peeing through every other diaper when we first got him home.

Exhaustion plays a big part in everything you do as a new parent, so I didn’t pay much attention the first few times Knox soiled through his diaper, through his clothes, all over whoever was holding him and even dripping all over the floor; Until I noticed the ridiculous amount of laundry that was accumulating for such a small baby.

My hubby, who is new to diaper changes, was quickly getting discouraged wondering if this never ending mess would end, he asked “is he really making that much of a mess to go through diapers like this?”.

We had been given different newborn diapers to try from my sister in law who’s new born was almost  tend pounds and didn’t last in newborn diapers very long. The ones we decided to try first are the Huggies diapers with the umbilical cord cut out, figuring that would be the best choice for him to start off with. Well not the best choice… We found that they hardly absorbed a thing and Knox who is 7lbs 12oz was in one pee or poop flooding the diapers and making big messes. Like i'm talking big mess, mommy changing her shirt four times in one day kinda messes and a very upset baby who is now being cleaned up and changed over and over again.

I asked around to some of my friends and they all seemed to say the same thing, that when their babies where in the Huggies diapers they made big messes. So I quickly changed packs of diapers and moved on to the Pampers Swaddlers newborn diapers. Ryan (my hubby) quickly noticed a difference in the make of the diaper and we were hopeful! We are very happy with the Pampers diapers, WHAT A DIFFERENCE! As Knox gets bigger so do his pees and poos and thankfully with the Pampers diapers, no messes!

We absolutely understand that the occasional mess is going to happen, that those little diapers cannot hold everything. But we change him every couple of hours with his feedings and there is no reason for a diaper not to be able to hold a pee from a newborn. So we are now happy Pampers users and are doing a lot less laundry (for Knox and mommy).

So my recommendation, at this stage of diapers, is to go with Pampers and save yourself on lots of clean ups and an unnecessarily upset baby.

Lotsa Love,
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment